Last modified: September 14, 2022
1. Information We Collect About You and How We Use It.
We collect information that is necessary to provide and improve our Services, to communicate with you, to conduct our operations effectively, and to support customer relations. Information collected may include:
- Your personally identifiable information. Your name and contact details, including your e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number and, where relevant, billing information, including a credit card number.
- Your demographic information. This might include gender identification or language preferences.
- Information concerning your use of Groopview Services. This information may relate to photographs or videos you share, including the originating site of such photographs or videos, content you upload or view, your activities on video streaming sites when you interact with such site via our Services and activities on our websites such as pages visited, time and date.
- Information about your hardware. This might include information about your computers or mobile devices, such as your unique device ID (persistent/ nonpersistent, MAC or IMEI), hardware, software, platform, and Internet Protocol (IP) address.
While most of this data come directly from you, such as information you provide when you sign up for Services or information we gather when you use our Services, we sometimes receive information from third parties such as:
- Social networks (like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter) and similar third-party services, that make users’ information available to others;
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint-marketing activities;
- Advertisers who may share information about your experiences or interactions with their offerings; and
- Service providers that help us determine your device’s location based on its IP address to customize certain products to your location.
Our services are not targeted at children and we do not intentionally or knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
When using our Services, you may provide us with information about third persons which we may also collect. These circumstances might arise if you use our Services to connect with friends, family, or colleagues or if you use our Services to share content, including comments and criticisms, and this content contains personal information about third persons that is stored in order to permit sharing.
2. How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use information to provide you with our Services, as well as to enable our operations. Such uses might include:
- Verifying your access rights;
- Determining whether your device meets our minimum system requirements;
- Permitting compatibility and interoperability;
- Billing you for our Services, where applicable;
- Initiating automatic updates to downloaded Services and products;
- Providing language and location customization;
- Developing aggregated statistics that help us better understand how our products are used and to market them;
- Improving our Services, including fixing problems and continually improving the performance of features you may use such as gesture recognition or content recommendations; and
- Communicating with you, such as sending you messages concerning your account and customer service issues, asking you to participate in surveys, and delivering news, updates, targeted advertising, promotions, and special offers.
3. When and How We Share Personal Information with Third Parties.
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, and potential buyers or other successors; or
- To contractors, service providers, analytics providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; or
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves, our customers, or others.
We also use third-party analytics providers such as Google Analytics and Mixpanel to help us compile aggregated statistics about the operation and effectiveness of our Services.Analytics providers set or read their own cookies, or other identifiers on your device, and transmit events through which they can collect information about your use of our websites and those of other companies.
Learn more about our analytics providers:
- You can learn more about Google Analytics, including how to opt-out, by visiting Google’s Privacy & Terms for Partners or visit our Cookies Policy.
If you search for specific content on the Groopview website and mobile applications, the search terms may be embedded in the “search string “that appears in the URL display window of your web browser or mobile application. Certain advertising services or third-party content providers may associate these search strings with cookies they set or retrieve from our pages.
5. Third Party websites
6. How Long Do We Retain Personal Information?
7. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information, and opt out of receiving marketing emails, by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page.
If you delete your content from our Services, copies of your content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users of our Services.
8. California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and the processing of personal information about you is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), you have certain rights with respect to that information.
California residents also have a right to request that we delete personal information under certain circumstances, subject to several exceptions.
California residents have the right to opt-out from future “sales” of personal information. Note that the CCPA defines “sell” and “personal information” very broadly such that making personal information available to third-party advertising companies can be considered a “sale” in some circumstances. While we made such information regarding California residents available to advertising companies in the preceding 12 months, as described in the “when and how do we share personal information with third parties?” section of this Policy, we do not currently do so and thus do not currently “sell” information related to California residents.
To exercise the right to know or the right to request deletion, please refer to the “how to access, update and delete your personal information” section. California residents also have the right to not be discriminated against if they choose to exercise any of the above rights.
- Category & Source of personal information We collect this category primarily when you register for the services or interact with our service. We may also get certain identifiers from third parties such as social network services. Information in this category includes name, email address, Internet Protocol address, or postal address.
- How we use it To contact you, enable the use of our services, and to understand how you interact with our products and services.
- When and why we share it with third parties Service Providers – to obtain support services such as credit card processing (where applicable), data processing and secure data storage services.
- Personal information under California Civil Code section 1798.80
- Category & Source of personal information Information in this category includes any information that is linked or linkable to an individual. We collect this category from our users and third-party partners.
- How we use it To enable the use of our services and enhance the user experience.
- When and why we share it with third parties Service Providers – to obtain support services. Analytics Providers – to better understand your use of the services. Third Party Partners – to provide additional products and services that can be added onto our products. Advertising Companies – Currently we do not permit our advertising partners to serve personalized advertisements to California residents.
- Commercial information
- Category & Source of personal information We collect this category from you when you make purchases. Information in this category includes credit card numbers and purchase history.
- How we use it To provide you access to the service, where applicable.
- When and why we share it with third parties Service Providers - to process payments Analytics Providers – to better understand your use of our products and services
- Internet or other electronic network activity information
- Category & Source of personal information We collect this category when you interact with our website and other products and services. Information in this category includes browser type, time and date of visit to our website or other information relating to your interaction with our website or application.
- How we use it To enable the use of our products and services, to understand how our users interact with products and services.
- When and why we share it with third parties Service Providers and Analytics Partners.
- Geolocation Data
- Category & Source of personal information We collect this category from our users when you interact with our products and services. We may also obtain this information from our service providers when we validate your location.
- How we use it To offer localized products and services and also offer certain functionalities such as image indexing.
- When and why we share it with third parties Service Providers and Analytics Partners.
- Category & Source of personal information We create these internally from our user interactions.
- How we use it To provide you services and enhance your user experience.
- When and why we share it with third parties Service Providers - only to obtain secure data processing and data storage services. Certain advertising companies can create their own profiles using cookies and other tracking techniques when they serve ads on our properties. We currently do not offer personalized advertisements in California and do not expose personal information to advertising companies.
Groopview and its third-party providers have implemented extensive security measures to help protect against the risk of loss, misuse and alteration of any information under Groopview’s control including using encryption and using industry-standard controls such as firewalls and secure environments for personally identifiable information.
Notwithstanding Groopview’s extensive efforts, such security measures may not prevent all loss, misuse or alteration of information disclosed on Our Services. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through Our Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through Our Servicess, and you do so at your own risk and will not hold Groopview liable for any data loss or security breach.