1.Information We Collect About You and How We Use It.
We collect information that is necessary to provide and improve our Services, to communicate with you, to conduct our operations effectively, and to support customer relations. Information collected may include:
- Your personally identifiable information. Your name and contact details, including your e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number and, where relevant, billing information, including a credit card number.
- Your demographic information. This might include gender identification or language preferences.
- Information concerning your use of Groopview Services. This information may relate to photographs or videos you share, including the originating site of such photographs or videos, content you upload or view, your activities on video streaming sites when you interact with such site via our Services and activities on our websites such as pages visited, time and date
- Information about your hardware. This might include information about your computers or mobile devices, such as your unique device ID (persistent/ non-persistent, MAC or IMEI), hardware, software, platform, and Internet Protocol (IP) address.
While most of this data come directly from you, such as information you provide when you sign up for Services or information we gather when you use our Services, we sometimes receive information from third parties such as:
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint-marketing activities;
- Advertisers who may share information about your experiences or interactions with their offerings; and
- Service providers that help us determine your device’s location based on its IP address to customize certain products to your location.
Our services are not targeted at children and we do not intentionally or knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
When using our Services, you may provide us with information about third persons which we may also collect. These circumstances might arise if you use our Services to connect with friends, family, or colleagues or if you use our Services to share content, including comments and criticisms, and this content contains personal information about third persons that is stored in order to permit sharing.
2.How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use information to provide you with our Services, as well as to enable our operations. Such uses might include:
- Verifying your access rights;
- Determining whether your device meets our minimum system requirements;
- Permitting compatibility and interoperability;
- Billing you for our Services, where applicable;
- Initiating automatic updates to downloaded Services and products;
- Providing language and location customization;
- Developing aggregated statistics that help us better understand how our products are used and to market them;
- Improving our Services, including fixing problems and continually improving the performance of features you may use such as gesture recognition or content recommendations; and
- Communicating with you, such as sending you messages concerning your account and customer service issues, asking you to participate in surveys, and delivering news, updates, targeted advertising, promotions, and special offers.
3.California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and the processing of personal information about you is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), you have certain rights with respect to that information.
California residents also have a right to request that we delete personal information under certain circumstances, subject to several exceptions.
California residents have the right to opt-out from future “sales” of personal information. Note that the CCPA defines “sell” and “personal information” very broadly such that making personal information available to third-party advertising companies can be considered a “sale” in some circumstances. While we made such information regarding California residents available to advertising companies in the preceding 12 months, as described in the “when and how do we share personal information with third parties?” section of this Policy, we do not currently do so and thus do not currently “sell” information related to California residents.
To exercise the right to know or the right to request deletion, please refer to the “how to access, update and delete your personal information” section. California residents also have the right to not be discriminated against if they choose to exercise any of the above rights.
- Category & Source of personal information We collect this category primarily when you register for the services or interact with our service. We may also get certain identifiers from third parties such as social network services. Information in this category includes name, email address, Internet Protocol address, or postal address.
- How we use it To contact you, enable the use of our services, and to understand how you interact with our products and services.
- When and why we share it with third parties Service Providers – to obtain support services such as credit card processing (where applicable), data processing and secure data storage services.
Personal information under California Civil Code section 1798.80
- Category & Source of personal information Information in this category includes any information that is linked or linkable to an individual. We collect this category from our users and third-party partners.
- How we use it To enable the use of our services and enhance the user experience.
- When and why we share it with third parties Service Providers – to obtain support services. Analytics Providers – to better understand your use of the services. Third Party Partners – to provide additional products and services that can be added onto our products. Advertising Companies – Currently we do not permit our advertising partners to serve personalized advertisements to California residents.